SEGA May 8
SEGA October 2, 2014
Kamcord, the mobile gameplay recording platform that offers developers an easy way to implement cross-platform gameplay recording and sharing features, is today announcing its next big push in mobile gaming: competitions.
The company realized that its SDK provides a lot of unique opportunities for app developers interested in hosting competitions or tournament-style contests, so it’s now working with some to host competitive gaming events in their apps. First up: SEGA. expand full story
SEGA December 20, 2012
1. Karateka | $2.99: Jordan Mechner, creator of the popular Prince of Persia franchise, and developer of the original fighter classic “Karateka” for the Apple II, is today bringing an HD remake of the game to iOS. Available on the App Store now for $2.99 for iPhone and iPad, the remake of the original 1984 fighter looks to essentially be a port of work done on the HD remake released on consoles last month. The video above features Mechner talking about the remake and comparing the original Apple II version to the new iOS title.
Created on an Apple II by Jordan Mechner in his Yale dorm room, Karateka became a #1 bestseller and influenced a generation of gamers with its groundbreaking rotoscoped animation and cinematic cutscenes… 28 years later, Mechner returns to his indie roots with a new take on Karateka for today’s digital game platforms, featuring art by Jeff Matsuda (The Batman) and music by Grammy-winning composer Christopher Tin (Civilization IV).
SEGA October 17, 2012
Carmageddon: Thanks to a Kickstarter project, Carmageddon makes its return today as a universal iOS app with iPhone 5 support and most of the features of the original Mac and PC title. In case you’re unfamiliar, the game was banned in many countries for its gory vehicular combat gameplay (by 1997 standards anyway). The game clearly still has a cult following and the iOS version comes with a few enhancements over the original including Game Center support, leaderboards, and customizable controls. Carmageddon is free today only to celebrate the launch and will soon increase to $2.
Steam version 1.1.0: With the latest update to Steam’s iOS app we finally get native iPhone 5 support. However, the biggest addition is the announcement all Steam account users worldwide can now access the app. Also included in version 1.1.0 is support for 25 new languages and a few fixes:
* Access via the Steam mobile app is now available to all Steam account holders
* Native support for iPhone5
* Increased robustness of Chat in unreliable network conditions
* Fixed issues with global menu rendering, notably the inability to select “Settings” after device rotation
* Support for 25 langauges
* Improved general stability
Fring version 6.0: The popular Fring messaging, calling, and video calling app gets an improved UI, better fringOut rates, iOS 6 support and 4-way group calls:
* Phone number only registration (no username/password login)
* Improved look and feel
* Even better fringOut rates
* Group calls with up to 4 users
* Improved security
* iOS 6 compatible
Sonic Jump: SEGA is releasing a new Doodle Jump-style Sonic title today. The game features familiar Sonic stages and characters, boss battles, and other elements of Sonic games, but switches to an all vertical gameplay style made popular on iOS by Doodle Jump. It’s already available in New Zealand and will hit all App Stores by midnight tonight.
Checkmark 1.1: We recently had good things to say about this new take on Apple’s Reminders app in our review. Today it gets a number of new features including recurring and snooze reminders, map improvements, and iOS 6/iPhone 5 support:
• Recurring reminders (NEW FEATURE)
• Snooze reminders (NEW FEATURE)
• Support for iOS 6 and iPhone 5
• Map improvements (Satellite/Hybrid views, Drop a pin anywhere)
• Improved radius control for locations (larger radius options, new slider UI to choose radius)
SEGA October 11, 2012
Google+ version 3.2: Google has updated its iOS app for Google+ today with a number of welcomed new features. On top of iPhone and iOS 6 support, the app now allows Google+ page owners to view, post and make comments. Other features include the ability to edit posts and “search for people and posts on iPad.”
✓ Support for iPhone 5 and iOS 6
✓ Google+ page owners can view, post and comment from mobile
✓ Ability to edit posts
✓ Ability to search for people and posts on iPad
Bad Piggies Best Egg Recipes: Rovio is today releasing its first book app in the form of a Bad Piggies themed cookbook on the App Store. Currently available for $1, the app will soon go back to its regular price of $4.99. PaidContent got a chance to check out the app at the Frankfurt Book Fair and has all the details of the launch.
Crazy Taxi: SEGA’s arcade classic Crazy Taxi makes a return on iOS today based on a port of the 2000 Dreamcast version. The app is available now on the App Store for $4.99 and features the original music from Bad Religion and The Offspring, touch and tilt controls, and Game Center support.
expand full story