- The bottom (lower case) is actually aluminum with rubberized coating injection-molded onto one side
- It has the same CPU and GPU as the base model MacBook Pro
- Obviously, the MacBook is now made of plastic Unibody (we’d like to se ehow strong that really is) You obviously have a new rounded edge design. Along with that goes a new "built-in" battery that has a lot more life (7 hours) than the previous models (5 hours). This is done with only 23% more battery meaning there is a lot of energy efficiency in this thing.
- Curiously, no SD card slot like the iMacs and MacBook Pros. Also no IR port for a remote – the only shipping Mac without one. Bluetooth+3rd party remotes or USB IR is available however.
- MacBook loses the traditional MagSafe power adapter and gains a MacBook Air-like bent adapter.
- The MacBook loses a Firewire port and combines the mic and audio out ports. It also loses Mini-DVI in favor of the Mini DisplayPort adapter
- The MacBook gains a full sized multi-touch touchpad, similar to the Pro models except the glass is white instead of silver.
- This new MacBook weighs in at 4.7 lbs. That’s .3 lbs less than the old plastic MacBook, but .2 lbs more than the 13" Unibody MacBook Pro.
- It has a pretty amazing new heat sync (below) that spans the length of the computer.
Oh, an no more fake screws!
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
You’re reading 9to5Mac — experts who break news about Apple and its surrounding ecosystem, day after day. Be sure to check out our homepage for all the latest news, and follow 9to5Mac on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to stay in the loop. Don’t know where to start? Check out our exclusive stories, reviews, how-tos, and subscribe to our YouTube channel