- The bottom (lower case) is actually aluminum with rubberized coating injection-molded onto one side
- It has the same CPU and GPU as the base model MacBook Pro
- Obviously, the MacBook is now made of plastic Unibody (we’d like to se ehow strong that really is) You obviously have a new rounded edge design. Along with that goes a new "built-in" battery that has a lot more life (7 hours) than the previous models (5 hours). This is done with only 23% more battery meaning there is a lot of energy efficiency in this thing.
- Curiously, no SD card slot like the iMacs and MacBook Pros. Also no IR port for a remote – the only shipping Mac without one. Bluetooth+3rd party remotes or USB IR is available however.
- MacBook loses the traditional MagSafe power adapter and gains a MacBook Air-like bent adapter.
- The MacBook loses a Firewire port and combines the mic and audio out ports. It also loses Mini-DVI in favor of the Mini DisplayPort adapter
- The MacBook gains a full sized multi-touch touchpad, similar to the Pro models except the glass is white instead of silver.
- This new MacBook weighs in at 4.7 lbs. That’s .3 lbs less than the old plastic MacBook, but .2 lbs more than the 13" Unibody MacBook Pro.
- It has a pretty amazing new heat sync (below) that spans the length of the computer.
Oh, an no more fake screws!