There’s two big reasons Mac users are waiting for the new update to ship: Number one, it is required in order to use a Magic Mouse; Number two: it reportedly patches the dreaded Guest account data-munching bug that has caused such distress.
Apple conceded the existence of that bug earlier last week, after multiple reports complained of its existence.
As reported by OS X Brazil, (and reported earlier by MacRumors) developer build, Mac OS X 10.6.2 Build 10C531 fixes the one outstanding issue related to Image Capture mentioned in the previous build (10C527f), as well as half a dozen other problems related to ColorSync, Dock crashes, GraphicsDrivers, and QuartzCore. Build 10C531 lists no known issues, although this may not be a clue that the development is wrapping up.
The site also published the seed notes for the release, elements of which we have republished here:
“Mac OS X 10.6.2 build 10C531 Seed Note
Focus Areas (Changes in 10C531):
– Fix black point compensation images when selecting a printer profile
– Resolve a crash in Dock
– Resolve a Sims 3 video corruption
– Resolve a kernel panic in GraphicsDrivers
– Resolve an iTunes hang with video corruption
– Resolve a Ken Burns effects issues on iMovie
– Resolves an issue with Image Capture scanning.
An extensive list of updated components in the release then follows.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.