Back at the turn of the last decade, industry naysayers and critics said Apple could never make it back to being a ten billion dollar company. They were so wrong as most of Apple’s earnings now come from products which didn’t exist back then — 65 percent of the cash comes from iOS device sales.
“iOS powered products (which did not exist three and a half years ago) generated 65% of all sales in the last quarter. OS X powered products generated 20% of sales. That’s a noteworthy combined total of 85%,” Horace Dediu writes.
He also notes that sales of OS X software and apps yielded another $786 million or 3% of total — he also suggests another $600 million revenue comes from Apps sales at iTunes.