Remember when we brought you news way back in June that AT&T would be increasing its premiums on iPhone insurance on October 4th? This was the very first indication that Apple’s iPhone launch event would be on October 4th.
Deductible: A tiered deductible per the terms of your Mobile Insurance Coverage Certificate, will apply as follows:
- Device Tier 1: Devices will be charged a $50 non-refundable deductible.
- Device Tier 2: Devices will be charged a $125 non-refundable deductible.
- Device Tier 3: Devices will be charged a $199* non-refundable deductible. Deductible Tier 3 will become effective October 4, 2011. On this date, certain devices including the iPhone will be moved to this tier.
Now that is out in the open. Prices for iPhones will increase from $4.99 to $6.99. Such an arbitrary date may signal that the new iPhones may be ready sooner rather than later after the announcement. Perhaps as early as October 7th. See new screenie below
- T-Mobile: About the iPhone, a letter to customers (9to5mac.com)
- Simple Mobile micro SIM Card for iPad/iPhone for $1 + free shipping, more (9to5toys.com)
- iPhone 4S / 5 appears in Apple’s inventory system, iPod touch may see price drops (9to5mac.com)
- Want unlimited data on your iPhone 5? Sprint will hook you up mid-October (9to5mac.com)