AllThingsD reported that Apple is planning an event for late January to be held in New York, not in Cupertino or San Francisco, Calif. The event will not be huge nor will it cover any iPad or Apple TV related announcements.
But, for sure, several sources underscored that the event is not related to an upcoming version of the iPad 3, the next iteration of the popular tablet device that many expect to be available in 2012. Also unlikely,?the rollout of Apple’s large-scale rethinking of its interactive television initiative currently in the works. While the company is expected to launch a new Apple TV product later in 2012, such an event would also certainly be held in the heart of the industry in Hollywood or at least in Silicon Valley. That leaves some kind of advertising or even publishing announcement…
Apple’s Senior Vice President of Internet Services and Software Eddy Cue is said to be involved in the event, and the event is reportedly “media-related.” On a side note, Apple has an office for their iAd business in New York, the business that Cue is now in heading.
Update: Jim Dalrymple from the Loop seems to agree with a “yep.”
- AllThingsD: Apple CEO Tim Cook to unveil iPhone 5 at October 4 media event (9to5mac.com)
- Apple reportedly still mulling iTV chip manufacturer, late 2012 launch again rumored (9to5mac.com)
- Report: Apple to double the capacity of next iPad battery, release two different models (9to5mac.com)
- Parts shipping for iPad 3 assembly in January 2012 as pure PC makers plan to exit tablet space next year (9to5mac.com)
- Apple rejects Samsung’s offer to remove some Galaxy Tab 10.1 features in Australia (9to5google.com)
- Apple’s iPhone announcement to be held on home court (9to5mac.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.