9to5Mac has once again scoured the App Store for all the latest app launches, price drops, noteworthy news, and updates, and we have compiled everything in a roundup below. Check it out, but keep coming back as we continually refresh the list throughout the day.
1. Treat Cards by Shutterfly | Free Shutterfly, a photo publishing company, re-launched its Treat Cards app for iOS today. The app originally went live in April 2012, and it is a competitor to Apple’s Cards app. The latest update to version 2.0 includes the following summary in the change log:
February is the month of romance. So have fun playing cupid and shoot your arrows (cards) to everybody who could use a little lovin’. Here’s what new just in time for Valentine’s Day:
- The #1 requested feature is here (Drumroll Please…)– Cards for more occasions!! – including Valentine’s Day, Congratulations, Thank You’s, and Anniversaries.
- Everything’s faster. Much, much faster. (You might need faster fingers now.)
- Improved interface makes it even easier to find the perfect card.
- Squashed some little bugs.
Screenshots are up top.
Get more apps and updates below.
- Walmart now offers iPhone 5 on Straight Talk’s no-contract unlimited plans
- Apple seeds OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 build 12D50 to developers
- WSJ once again claims Apple working on less-expensive iPhone, this time for late 2013
- T-Mobile execs claim 100K iPhone activations each month, first LTE market to launch in Vegas soon (Video)
2. Twittelator Pro for Twitter | $4.99 Version 5.2.1 of this Twitter client hit the an improvement that allows Automatic Retweet to work correctly now. The app is also updated for Twitter Api 1.1 (requires iOS 5 or greater).
3. Epicurious Recipes & Shopping List | Free Version 3.0.6 of this foodie app launched this morning, but it came with the following notice: “Recipe Box Sync users must install this update in order to continue to sync with your Recipe Box on Epicurious.com.” The update also contains bug fixes and major improvements to Recipe Box Sync, including: faster, smoother updates, view recipes saved from other websites to Recipe Box on Epicurious.com, and sync personal and member-submitted recipes to Recipe Box.
4. Fantastical | $3.99 Version 1.0.3 of this popular calendar app went live last night with the following improvements:
- Specify a calendar for new events by adding “calendar [calendar name]” (e.g. “Lunch tomorrow at 1pm calendar home”)
- Improved handling when changing a new event’s end date
- Improved date handling when switching between all-day and timed events
- “Unavailable” availability status now appears as “Out of office” when using Exchange
- When creating a new event, tapping Show Details before entering a sentence now defaults to a timed event
- Various other bug fixes and improvements
4. Hill Climb Racing | Free Version 1.5.3 of this physics-based driving game features new vehicles, called Quadbike, Rally Car, Tank, and other stuff like mid-air control sensitivity with max upgrades.
5. AroundMe | Free Version 6.1.1 of this location-based, info-finding app features an improved Movie category, added hotel, nearby, and gas data to iPad version, fixed restaurant menu and localization issues, improved hotel information, launched support for iOS 5 and iPhone 5, simplified business details page, integrated Rotten Tomatoes, Twitter, and Facebook, and so much more.
6. Organ Trail: Director’s Cut | $2.99 Version 1.6.3 of this retro-style zombie game went live this morning, but it does not seem to feature anything new aside from the slew of updates that pushed out last week.