The last seed for these updates was published nearly a month ago, while the first build of each was made available in early July. You can read the full seed notes below. The betas are available on Apple’s developer website. OS X Yosemite will ship with Safari 8.0.
Also available for the first time today is the beta version of OS X Server 3.2. It requires OS X 10.9.4 and has a build number of 13S5165.
Please focus testing on the following areas:
- Please test password and credit card AutoFill.
- Please test general website compatibility.
- Subpixel rendering is now on by default for all web content. Web sites or in-app web views with extremely tight design constraints may render differently.
- CSS object model getters will return fractional double values based on subpixel layout and rendering metrics instead of rounded integral values.
- Please test extension compatibility.
Please test searching from the Smart Search Field with different search providers.
New WebKit Features
• IndexedDB. The IndexedDB API allows web developers to store structured data for web applications that work online or require large amounts of data to be cached client side.
• CSS Shapes and Compositing. Using CSS, websites can now easily flow text around images and geometry shapes, and perform image compositing operations on DOM elements.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.