Alongside updates to iOS and OS X, Apple has released watchOS 2.0.1 with a whole host of changes and bug fixes. As well as including the new emoji character set like Apple’s other operating systems, watchOS 2.0.1 includes bug fixes for poor battery life, stalling software updates, Calendar event syncing and much more.
It has also seeded developers with the Gold Master release of tvOS for Apple TV. We’ll update with any changes …
Here’s all the changes for Apple Watch:
- New emoji characters
- Fixes an issue that could cause software updates to stall
- Resolves an issue that prevented a managed iPhone from syncing iOS Calendar events to Apple Watch
- Addresses an issue that could prevent location information from properly updating
- Fixes an issue that could cause Digital Touch to send from an email address instead of a phone number
- Addresses an issue that could cause instability when using a Live Photo as a watch face.
- Resolves an issue that allows the sensors to stay on indefinitely when using Siri to measure heart rate.
Catch up on our watchOS 2 walkthrough here for what changed in the last major update.
Xcode 7.1 is also now available on the Mac App Store:
New in Xcode 7.1:
• Support for tvOS including storyboards, unit and UI testing, playgrounds, and crash logs • New workflow to add a device for development and testing, select Window > Devices then click the + button • Storyboard support for 3D Touch gestures • View debugger presents an improved view of Auto Layout contraints at runtime • Enhanced XCPlayground API gives playground authors more power • Swift 2.1 improves interoperability with C code • Two-factor authentication support when adding an Apple ID account
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.