Apple earlier today officially took the wraps off of the oft-rumored iPhone SE. While the device is set to go up for pre-order on Thursday, March 24th and ship a week later, a handful of cases are already available for the device. While the device is largely identical to the iPhone 5/5s in terms of design, many companies are announcing new cases specifically for the latest 4-inch smartphone.
We’ve put together a roundup of some of the best choices to protect your iPhone SE below…
Ecobee HomeKit Thermostat
The iPhone SE is essentially the same as the iPhone 5/5s in terms of design, but features iPhone 6s specs on the inside. There’s an A9 chip and M9 motion coprocessor and a new rose gold color variant, as well. While the device looks like an older device, Apple was quick to point out that it is just as powerful as the iPhone 6s.
The other big upgrade for the iPhone SE, as expected, is a new 4K-capable 12MP iSight camera with Retina Flash, Focus Pixels, True Tone Flash, and a new image signal processor. That gives the device support for 4k video, 1080p at up to 60fps, slo-mo up to 240 fps, and Panoramas up to 63MP. Read more about the iPhone SE here.
Speck is offering a wide-range of cases for the iPhone SE, including many of the same popular cases it offered for the iPhone 5S. Prices range from $30 to $60 and the company is also offering screen protectors/ faceplates for the device. Specific links below:
- CandyShell Grip – $35
- CandyShell Amped – $45
- CandyShell – $35
- CandyShell + Faceplate combo – $45
- MightyShell + Faceplate combo – $59.95
- SmartFlex wallet case – $35
- CandyShell Clear – $34.95
Pad & Quill
- InvisibleShield Glass protects your device with durable, high-grade tempered glass that delivers maximum clarity with ultra-smooth protection you can’t see ($34.99)
- InvisibleShield HDX offers the scratch protection benefits of InvisibleShield Original, while adding advanced clarity and unparalleled 3X shatter protection ($24.99)
- InvisibleShield Original delivers Military Grade impact protection with scientifically formulated Nano-Memory Technology that self-heals from scratches and dings over and over ($14.99).
We’ve taken a look at Nodus’ leather case options in the past, praising the high-quality look and feel of them. Now, the company has announced that it will make its popular Shell and Access Case 2 available for the new iPhone SE. Pre-orders will open tomorrow and prices are listed below:
- Shell Case for iPhone SE – $72.30 (Free shipping)
- Access Case 2 for iPhone SE – $72.30 (Free shipping)
Maxboost offers the first MFI-certified battery case for the iPhone SE. The case includes an added 2,400mAh of battery life, which adds an additional 12 hours of talk time and 15 hours of web browsing. The case is charged via microUSB and features cutouts on the front to ensure the speakers aren’t affected.
Griffin is offering a handful of cases for the iPhone SE on its website, although right now the company appears to be mainly rebranding its iPhone 5/5S cases as compatible with the latest 4-inch device. Prices range from $10 to $80. Some of the highlights are below:
- Survival All-Terrain – $49.99
- Survivor Core – $29.99
- Identity – $19.99
- Beamhaus – $29.99
- Graphite Shell – $14.99
If you’re looking for a more affordable case, Luvvitt has several of its Ultra Armor cases available for the iPhone SE. The cases cost just $12.99 and are available in four different color combinations via Amazon. The company is also selling its Sleek Armor cases for the iPhone SE as well.
Popular rugged case maker OtterBox is offering its traditional lineup of cases for the iPhone SE. The company is offering its Defender, Commuter, and Symmetry lines of protection for the latest 4-inch iPhone. Prices range from $15 to $59.90. Prices below:
- OtterBox Defender Series – $14.95 – $59.90
- OtterBox Commuter Series – $19.95 – $39.90
- OtterBox Symmetry Series – $39.95
Joli, the makes of beautiful handmade leather sleeves for iPhone, iPad, and MacBook have also expanded their lineup of sleeves to support the iPhone SE. While sleeves aren’t necessarily the most viable option for smartphones, Joli’s offerings are incredible nice.
Grovemade, the company behind a variety of handcrafted wooden and leather accessories, has also announced a new collection of cases for the iPhone SE. The company will be offering its Walnut and Leather case and Walnut Case for the iPhone SE, as well as its Wood Bumper. Prices below:
Trident is offering a variety of cases for the iPhone SE, the most notable of which isis durable Kraken A.M.S. series. Cases in this series are made with polycarbonate and thermoplastic elastomer and include a screen protector and withstand military grade drops.
Urban Armor is offering its Composite Cases for the recently announced iPhone SE. These cases are available in 5 different colors and designs and cost $34.95. The black variant is the only color shipping now, while the others will ship by the end of this month.
- iCaseIt wood case – $19.99
- Silicoo wood case – $12.99
- Elago Slimfit case – $9.99
- Poetic Affinity series – $9.95
- Trianium Protak series – $18.75
Be sure to keep checking back as we’ll continue to update this post as more case manufacturers announce their iPhone SE plans…