Apple has released the fourth developer beta version of the upcoming macOS 10.12.6 software update. Developers testing the pre-release software can find the update through the Mac App Store.
9to5Mac Happy Hour
macOS 10.12.6 is currently available to registered developers; a public beta has also been available although releases are sometimes not simultaneous.
macOS 10.12.6 will likely be the last version of macOS Sierra before Apple ships macOS High Sierra later this fall. macOS 10.13 is currently available in developer beta while a public beta is promised for a later release.
macOS High Sierra includes the Apple File System, HEVC support, Metal 2, improvements to Mail, Photos, and Safari, and more.
For more on macOS High Sierra, check out these stories:
- Apple unveils macOS ‘High Sierra’ w/ Safari improvements, APFS, more
- Hands-on: macOS High Sierra’s native eGPU support shows promise [Video]
- High Sierra to be first version of macOS with support for virtual reality
- Apple doubles storage on $9.99/mo iCloud tier to 2 TB, share one plan with whole family in iOS 11
- Apple releases first developer betas of iOS 11, watchOS 4, macOS 10.13, and tvOS 11
If you’re running the macOS High Sierra developer beta, we’re still awaiting the second beta release of macOS 10.13.