Depending on how you use your iPhone camera, you might find yourself changing modes and settings every time you open the iOS Camera app. Follow along for how to customize your camera for a more efficient and seamless workflow.
Whoosh! Screen Cleaner
The default for iOS’ Camera app is to always launch with the standard photo mode. If you find yourself taking videos more often, or square photos, you can opt to preserve the last mode used.
Similarly, you can do the same for filter and lighting effects and Live Photos.
How to customize iPhone camera settings for a more seamless experience
- Open Settings
- Swipe down and tap on Camera
- Next tap Preserve Settings
- Decide which settings you’d like to use by toggling them on/off
While customizing these settings won’t save you tons of time, they’ll make your experience that much more efficient and seamless with a few less taps every time you go to grab a shot or record a video.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to manage Face ID access for specific apps
- How to disable Suggested and Recent Apps on iPad in iOS 11
- How to record iPhone calls
- How to disable Auto-Brightness on iPhone or iPad in iOS 11
- macOS tip: Use Hot Corners to speed up access to Notification Center, Desktop and more
- How to AirPlay to HomePod without an active internet connection
- How to reset your AirPort base station