Need to use your iPhone as a hotspot or looking to change your password after sharing it with others? Follow along for how to use this feature, change passwords, and disconnect others who have used your hotspot.
It’s quick and easy to start to using your iPhone as a hotspot or disconnect any devices that have used your hotspot previously by changing your hotspot password.
iPhone: How to use a personal hotspot and change passwords
- Open Settings and tap Personal Hotspot
- Tap the toggle on the right to turn your hotspot on
- Tap Wi-Fi Password to create a custom password or change the existing one
- Look for your iPhone name in the list of available Wi-Fi networks on the device you’d like to connect to your hotspot
If you don’t see Personal Hotspot in settings as shown above, you may need to contact your carrier to enable the feature.
Multiple personal hotspot networks may show up, be sure to select the correct one.
If you’d like to change the default password or disconnect any previous devices/users that have used your hotspot, it’s as simple as tapping on Wi-Fi Password and setting a new one.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- Apple Watch: How to enable Water Lock mode
- Apple Watch: How to enable Power Reserve mode
- How to use swipe or glide typing on iPhone
- iPhone: How to recover recently deleted photos
- iPhone: How to delete all photos
- Apple Watch: How to enable Elevated Heart Rate notifications
- Apple Watch: How to change bands
- Apple Watch: How to pair with new iPhone
- iPhone: How to block texts
- How to customize iPhone camera settings for a smoother experience
- How to manage Face ID access for specific apps
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.