Apple has released the second developer beta for iOS 12 today and one of the new features is improved support for chapters in Apple’s Podcasts app — a new feature to iOS 12. Follow along for how to use this handy addition.
Whoosh! Screen Cleaner
Podcast chapters can be valuable in a variety of situations, but are especially useful for longer episodes, or when you’re trying to find a specific spot to share with someone else or re-listen to content.
Keep in mind that this feature will only be available when it is used by the show you’re listening to.
Note: iOS 12 is currently only available as a developer beta, however, a public beta will likely be released sometime soon.
iOS 12: How to use Podcasts chapters
- Open Podcasts and choose an episode
- When viewing the currently playing episode, swipe down to the bottom and look for Chapters below Description
- If the episode is currently playing, pick a new chapter to jump to it immediately
- If you have the podcast paused, you’ll need to press play manually after choosing a new chapter
A handy little feature of chapters in Podcasts is that it will show you which chapter you’re currently in with a small purple equalizer animation on the right of the chapter (shown in the third and fourth images above).
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- iOS 12: How to change audio quality in Voice Memos
- iOS 12: How to permanently delete photos on iPhone
- watchOS 5: How to access the Internet from your wrist
- iPhone & iPad: How to show Safari tab icons in iOS 12
- watchOS 5: How to disable Start/End Workout reminders
- iPhone & iPad: How to downgrade from iOS 12 beta to iOS 11
- macOS 10.14 Mojave: How to enable dark mode
- iOS 12: How to markup, add effects, and edit photos and videos within Messages on iPhone