A SIM pin forces you to enter a specific pin every time your iPhone is turned off or rebooted. This means that if your phone is ever stolen, a thief looking to potentially access your information via your phone number will be unable to do so.
Follow along to learn how to setup a SIM pin…
iPhone: How to setup a SIM pin
- Head into Settings > Phone > SIM Pin.
- Toggle SIM Pin on. Note that you may need to contact your carrier to figure out what the default pin is if this is your first time setting this up.
- After entering the correct passcode, and setting up a new one, your SIM will now be locked with that pin.
Now, when you reboot your iPhone, you will be prompted to enter the SIM pin before cellular services will become available. Note that Wi-Fi and other wireless services will still be available.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- iPhone & iPad: How to set up the TV app on iOS
- iOS 12: How to customize the metric units in the Measure app
- How to use streaming for Twitter on Mac
- iPhone: How to enable True North in Compass
- Mac: How to restore ‘Save As…’ functionality
- Mac: How to customize your Safari toolbar
- iPhone: How to enable or disable read receipts for iMessage
- iPhone & iPad: How to customize calendar settings
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.