Whether you’re new to iPhone or are starting to make it a habit to use gestures across iOS, follow along for how to customize swipes in the Mail app.
Having swipe gestures customized to how you like to use the iOS Mail app is a valuable feature. Whether you find yourself regularly moving email in folders, or spend more time flagging or archiving messages you can quickly make sure gestures are tuned to your liking.
No matter what changes you make to these settings, a full swipe from right to left across the screen will still delete messages.
Note: this is for the default iOS Mail app. To check out customization options for a third-party mail app, look under Settings → app name.
iPhone & iPad: How to customize swipe gestures in mail
- Open Settings
- Swipe down and tap on Mail
- Select Swipe Options
- Customize your settings for left and right swipes
In addition to changing your swipe gestures from the defaults to another action, you can choose to set either a left or right swipe to None.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- iOS 12: How to use third-party Password AutoFill apps
- iPhone & iPad: How to change screen lock time
- iPhone: How to setup a SIM pin
- iPhone & iPad: How to set up the TV app on iOS
- iOS 12: How to customize the metric units in the Measure app
- How to use streaming for Twitter on Mac
- iPhone: How to enable True North in Compass
- Mac: How to restore ‘Save As…’ functionality
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.