Whether you’d like to reduce the screen lock time on your iPhone or iPad to increase battery life, or want to change the timeout setting to never, follow along below…
Depending on your preferences, or even what you’re doing with your iPhone or iPad at the moment, it can be useful to adjust the time it takes for the screen to auto-lock.
Keep in mind that while setting it to “never” can be handy sometimes, using it all the time will drain your battery more quickly.
iPhone & iPad: How to change screen lock time
- Open Settings
- Swipe down and tap on Display & Brightness
- Tap Auto-Lock and choose your new lock time
If you want to use a longer auto-lock time, but want to know how it’s affecting your battery life, head to Settings → Battery → swipe down to see Battery Usage by App. Look out for Home & Lock Screen.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- iPhone: How to setup a SIM pin
- iPhone & iPad: How to set up the TV app on iOS
- iOS 12: How to customize the metric units in the Measure app
- How to use streaming for Twitter on Mac
- iPhone: How to enable True North in Compass
- Mac: How to restore ‘Save As…’ functionality
- Mac: How to customize your Safari toolbar
- iPhone: How to enable or disable read receipts for iMessage
- iPhone & iPad: How to customize calendar settings