In addition to unveiling the Apple Watch Series 4, Apple has updated its whole watch and band lineup with a few changes. Here are a few tidbits you may not have noticed:
- Apple Watch Series 1 discontinued
- Apple Watch Series 3 (aluminum and Nike+) remain
- Apple Watch Series 3 without LTE starts at $279, LTE from $379
- Apple Watch no longer offered in ceramic casing, first generation without Edition option
- Link Bracelet not marketed with 40mm and 44mm Series 4 watches, but still sold on Series 3 band page and should be compatible
- Modern Buckle, first introduced with 38mm Apple Watch and later discontinued, returns for 40mm Apple Watch Series 4 in four colors
- Apple Watch Nike+ version of Series 4 shipping two weeks later than other models on October 5 (released later each year since Series 2)
That means the new Apple Watch lineup includes Apple Watch Series 3 and Series 4, both with GPS-only and LTE options. Nike+ and Hermès models remain, but Apple Watch Edition is no longer a collection. Learn much more about Apple Watch Series 4 here, and catch up on all the news from our Apple Event News Hub.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.