Apple Music is a great service however some users prefer to keep their personal libraries separate from their streaming library. To achieve this you simply have to just disable iCloud Music Library.
iCloud Music Library is fantastic if you’re looking for an easy way to keep all your music in sync across all devices. Especially if the majority of your music comes from the iTunes Store or Apple Music. Or, if you just purely have an Apple Music library as all your music is with Apple regardless.
Follow along to learn how to turn this feature off..
How to disable iCloud Music Library on iPhone & iPad
- Open Settings > Music.
- Toggle off iCloud Music Library.
- Tap Turn Off when prompted.
That’s all there is to it. iCloud Music Library lets you access music across all of your devices whenever or wherever you are. However, some will sacrifice that for the ability to keep their original music libraries in tact. Especially if you’ve been collecting a lot of non-iTunes purchased music over the years or if you keep a lossless library for higher quality listening. While it’s rare, iCloud Music Library can sometimes replace high quality audio files with lower quality iTunes Store copies.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to use Apple Watch and iPhone World Clock to keep time zones straight
- How to set a volume limit on iOS for Apple Music
- How to delete iPhone contacts
- How to disable 3D Touch on iPhone
- How to find out which iPhone model you have
- Apple Watch: How to add third-party apps to Siri Watch face
- How to find out which Mac model you have
- How to delete Apple Watch apps
- How to find out which iPad model you have
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.