When iOS 11 arrived, AirDrop settings were removed from Control Center, well at least without an extra step. Follow along below for two ways to change AirDrop settings on iPhone and iPad.
Whether you want to permanently change your AirDrop settings or toggle them based on your what you’re doing, AirDrop is a bit more buried with iOS 12 (and iOS 11) than before.
How to change AirDrop settings on iPhone and iPad
- Pull up Control Center
- Swipe down from the top right corner on iPhone X and up, or iPads running iOS 12. On iPhone 8/8 Plus and earlier or iPads running iOS 11 and earlier, swipe up from the bottom
- Firm press on the Wi-Fi/Cellular/Bluetooth tile
- Tap AirDrop
- Make your selection
Here’s how it looks on iPhone:
Alternately, you can head into Settings → General → AirDrop to adjust your preferences.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to customize Do Not Disturb in iOS 12
- How to use flashlight with iPhone
- How to delete apps on iPhone and iPad
- How to rename folders on iPhone and iPad
- How to set a dynamic wallpaper on iPhone and iPad
- How to use Live wallpapers on iPhone
- How to request your personal data from Apple
- How to customize low heart rate notifications on Apple Watch
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.