Prominent haptics on Apple Watch is pretty self-explanatory. It’ll give you a much more noticeable vibration on your wrist. For some users, the standard vibration patterns are tough to notice, and with older versions of watchOS you were able to modify the vibration strength.
Now, you’ll need to rely on prominent haptics if the standard vibration strength isn’t good enough.
How to enable prominent haptics on Apple Watch
- On Apple Watch, open the Settings app.
- Scroll down to Sounds & Haptics and tap on it.
- Scroll down until you see the HAPTICS section. There will be two options: Default, and Prominent. Tap Prominent.
To be clear, prominent haptics will simply do a longer haptic right before the standard haptic vibration. Some of Apple Watch’s vibrations can be short and quick and with haptic, it’ll add a much longer vibration before so you don’t miss it.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to search on iPhone
- How to disable character previews on the iPhone keyboard
- How to move iPhone apps
- How to disable location services on HomePod
- How to clean your Apple Watch
- How to change Wi-Fi networks on HomePod
- How to use Do Not Disturb on iPhone
- How to control HomePod audio on iPhone and iPad
- How to change AirDrop settings on iPhone and iPad