Do Not Disturb is a handy iOS feature that silences calls, messages, alerts, and notifications. Since there are a several different ways to utilize it, including system-wide, in the car, and at bedtime, let’s look at how to use Do Not Disturb on iPhone.
Let’s start with looking at the main settings for Do Not Disturb (DND).
How to use Do Not Disturb on iPhone
- Open Settings and tap Do Not Disturb
- To turn it on, tap the toggle at the top to green
- Next choose whether you’d like to set a specific schedule, use at Bedtime, or both
- Choose Always or While iPhone is locked for when it will be silenced with DND
- Customize who you’d like to continue receiving calls from with DND
- Check out the settings at the bottom for DND While Driving
Here’s how the process looks:
Do Not Disturb can also be quickly accessed or toggled on at any time by pulling up Control Center.
- Swipe down from the top right corner on iPhone X and later, swipe up from the bottom of the screen on iPhone 8/8 Plus and earlier
- Tap the moon
- Alternately, firm press the moon for more options
For more specific Do Not Disturb walkthroughs, check out the following articles:
- How to enable Do Not Disturb at Bedtime
- How to use Do Not Disturb for Messages
- How to customize Do Not Disturb While Driving
- How to customize Do Not Disturb
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to control HomePod audio on iPhone and iPad
- How to change AirDrop settings on iPhone and iPad
- How to customize Do Not Disturb in iOS 12
- How to use flashlight with iPhone
- How to delete apps on iPhone and iPad
- How to rename folders on iPhone and iPad
- How to set a dynamic wallpaper on iPhone and iPad
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.