HomePod can be controlled completely independently by using voice or the touch surface on the top of the device. However, it is sometimes easier to control it on iOS. Follow along to learn how to control HomePod audio on iPhone and iPad.
How to control HomePod audio on iPhone and iPad
- Activate Control Center.
- Swipe down from the top right corner on iPhone X and up, or iPads running iOS 12. On iPhone 8/8 Plus and earlier or iPads running iOS 11 and earlier, swipe up from the bottom.
- 3D Touch or tap and hold the audio block.
- Scroll down until you see your HomePod. Tap on it.
Now your iPhone is a control for HomePod. You’ll now be able to play/pause, skip, and even control the volume. Alternatively, you can fire up the Music app and modify what’s playing. Anything you tap in the Music app will be played directly on the HomePod. You’ll also be able to queue up songs to play next or play later.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to change AirDrop settings on iPhone and iPad
- How to customize Do Not Disturb in iOS 12
- How to use flashlight with iPhone
- How to delete apps on iPhone and iPad
- How to rename folders on iPhone and iPad
- How to set a dynamic wallpaper on iPhone and iPad
- How to use Live wallpapers on iPhone
- How to request your personal data from Apple
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.