Whether you’re new to iPhone or just haven’t reorganized your apps in a while, follow along for how to move iPhone apps as we cover everything from the basics to advanced tips and tricks.
We’ll first take a look at the basics of moving individual apps. Then look at some advanced app management maneuvers below. Whether you’d like to move multiple apps at once, make and rename folders, and more, we’ve got you covered.
How to move iPhone apps
- Tap and hold on an app until all apps start wiggling
- Tap and hold on the app you’d like to move, drag it to a new location
- Repeat as needed
- When finished, tap Done in the top right corner of iPhone X and later, press the Home button for iPhone 8/8 Plus and earlier (and iPad)
Here’s how the process looks:
Check out our tutorial videos for more advanced techniques to manage and organize your apps.
Also, be sure to check out our video going over 12 handy app management tips:
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to disable location services on HomePod
- How to clean your Apple Watch
- How to change Wi-Fi networks on HomePod
- How to use Do Not Disturb on iPhone
- How to control HomePod audio on iPhone and iPad
- How to change AirDrop settings on iPhone and iPad
- How to customize Do Not Disturb in iOS 12
- How to use flashlight with iPhone
- How to delete apps on iPhone and iPad