Whether you want to conserve battery life or need to turn off your iPhone for another reason, read on for how to turn off iPhone with a broken power button. We’ll also look at how to turn on an iPhone with a broken power button.
If the power button (officially called side or top button) on your iPhone is broken it will prevent you from turning it off. There are a variety of reasons you may need to turn off your iPhone and fortunately, you can still power it down even if your side or top button is broken.
One note, for the method outlined below, your touchscreen will need to be working.
How to turn off iPhone with a broken power button
- Open Settings
- Swipe down and tap General
- Swipe down to the bottom and tap Shut Down
Here’s how the process looks:
You’re probably now wondering how to turn your iPhone back on. The good news, it’s as easy as plugging in your iPhone into a power source.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to turn off automatic play/pause with AirPods
- How to recover deleted photos on Mac
- How to take a screenshot on iPhone X, XS, or XR
- How to upload photos into iCloud Photos from iPhone, iPad, Mac, and icloud․com
- How to use the built-in level feature on iPhone
- How to add App Store and iTunes gift cards on iPhone and iPad
- How to permanently delete an Apple ID account
- How to remove a user from a group iMessage chat on iPhone
- How to change your Apple ID email address