With the new generation all-screen displays of the iPhone X, XS, and iPhone XR, Apple has changed the method in which you take a screenshot. Follow along to learn how to take a screenshot on iPhone X, XS, or XR.
How to take a screenshot on iPhone X, XS, or XR
- You’ll need to tap the volume up and the Side button at the same time.
- Tap the screenshot preview in the bottom left corner to make edits and markup, or long-press on it to share it right away.
- Tap the Done button on the top right corner. You’ll be promoted to save or delete the screenshot. Choosing save will keep a copy of the screenshot in the Photos app.
As Apple continues to remove physical buttons from its lineup of devices, taking a screenshot becomes a much tougher task as the button combinations continue to change.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to upload photos into iCloud Photos from iPhone, iPad, Mac, and icloud․com
- How to use the built-in level feature on iPhone
- How to add App Store and iTunes gift cards on iPhone and iPad
- How to permanently delete an Apple ID account
- How to remove a user from a group iMessage chat on iPhone
- How to change your Apple ID email address
- How to set Gmail to delete instead of archive in Mail on iPhone and iPad
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.