Are you having trouble hearing others on calls with your iPhone using the earpiece? Follow along for how to clean your iPhone speaker.
Often times, a faulty earpiece speaker is caused by dust, skin/oil, makeup, and other debris trapped on the speaker grill which blocks audio from coming through. Try out the steps below to see if you can fix your iPhone speaker.
How to clean your iPhone speaker
- Grab a clean toothbrush (or an electronic device brush)
- Gently brush the earpiece speaker (at the top of your iPhone) to remove debris
- If needed, use canned air to blow across the speaker (don’t blow air directly into it)
- Make a test call to see if your speaker is performing better
- If you’re still having trouble, reach out to Apple support or an AASP
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to wirelessly charge your iPhone
- How to change the default email account on iPhone
- What is iCloud Drive?
- How to backup iPhone to iTunes on Mac or PC
- What are iOS devices?
- How to merge contacts with iCloud
- How to set up and use Find My iPhone
- How to disable Smart HDR on iPhone
- How to AirDrop from iPhone to Mac
- Where does iTunes store backups?
- How to access iCloud on iPhone, iPad, Mac, and the web