Need to change your passcode on iPhone or iPad? Follow along below for a quick guide with images.
If you need to alter your passcode, keep in mind you’ll need to enter your current one before you can change it.
How to change your passcode on iPhone and iPad
- Open Settings
- Swipe down and tap Face ID & Passcode (or Touch ID & Passcode)
- Enter your existing passcode
- Swipe down, tap Change Passcode
Here’s how the process looks:
Swipe down on the Face ID & Passcode screen and tap Change Passcode.
You can tap Passcode Options just above the keypad if you’d like to use a custom alphanumeric code or a four-digit code.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to turn off passcode on iPhone and iPad
- Can you get the Podcasts app on Mac?
- How to cancel your YouTube TV subscription
- How to connect Apple Pencil with your iPad
- How to unlock a disabled Apple ID
- How to change your Apple ID password
- How to change your Apple ID birthdate
- How to use AirPods with your Mac
- How to check the model of your AirPods and charging case