Spam and other unwanted calls have become a real nuisance over the past few years. Luckily, Apple is bringing a new feature to iOS 13 that allows users to automatically silence unknown and spam calls on iPhone. Read on for how this smart feature works and how to enable it in iOS 13.
The new option to automatically silence unknown callers brings to life a feature request we wrote about earlier this year. The feature is opt-in, so users need to head into settings to manually turn it on. But once enabled, here’s how the feature works to automatically silence unknown numbers on iPhone:
iOS uses Siri intelligence to allow calls to ring your phone from numbers in Contacts, Mail, and Messages. All other calls are automatically sent to voicemail.
iOS 13: How to automatically silence unknown and spam calls on iPhone
- Open Settings
- Swipe down and tap Phone
- Tap the toggle next to Silence Unknown Callers
Here’s how these steps look:
This is a really useful feature and offers a much better user experience compared to manually blocking numbers (which is impossible given the overwhelming amount of numbers spam calls come from).
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to automatically close Safari tabs on iPhone and iPad in iOS 13
- How to customize ‘Announce Messages with Siri’ alerts in iOS 13
- How to choose profile photo and display name for iMessage in iOS 13
- How to use the new gestures for cut, copy, paste, and undo on iPhone and iPad in iOS 13
- How to share iCloud Drive folders from iPhone and iPad in iOS 13
- How to download any size app over cellular with iPhone in iOS 13
- How to use Memoji Stickers on iPhone in iOS 13
- How to use Dark Mode on iPhone in iOS 13