Do you need to find the serial number of your iPad? Follow along for several ways to quickly locate it.
While Apple removed serial numbers from the back of its iPhones, modern iPads and legacy models alike still feature them printed on the backs of the devices. However, if the serial number is too small to read or has worn off, we’ll cover how to find it in settings as well.
How to find the serial number on your iPad
On the back of your iPad
- Flip your iPad over
- Look for the serial number in small print as shown in the image below
- If it’s difficult to read or worn off, follow the steps below for finding your serial number in settings
- Open Settings and tap General
- Choose About
- Look for your iPad serial number just below the model number
If your iPad won’t power on and you can read it on the back of your device, another option to find the serial number is to look at the back of the original box if you have it.
If you’re still not able to find your serial number, try contacting Apple support to see if they can help out.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to check if your MacBook Pro is affected by the fire safety risk battery recall
- How to create a keyboard shortcut to paste and match style on Mac
- How to add AppleCare to your iPhone after purchase
- How to use Dark Mode on your Mac
- How to invert the display colors on your Mac
- How to tell which apps are draining your iPhone battery
- How to print contact info to envelopes, lists, and labels on Mac
- How to check if your MacBook Pro is eligible for a free display backlight repair
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.