As expected, Apple has released iOS 8 beta 5 for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch to developers this morning. This update, like the past betas, includes various performance and bug fixes. The previous beta brought various minor user-interface touch-ups and a new Tips app to iOS 8. We’ll be updating this post as new discoveries are made in iOS 8 beta, and you can send us what you find to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find what’s new in beta 5, below:
– There is also a new Apple TV beta seed.
– “Spirometry data types are now available in HealthKit,” according to the iOS 8 beta 5 release notes.
– iCloud has a new set of icons in the Settings app.
– The iPhone will now prompt you to allow other devices to access SMS messages (thanks Dann)
– Health app updated with new icons for Body data and Data Exporting.
– New options for iCloud Photo Storage
– Swipe down access for Spotlight is much quicker.
– New Health panel in Privacy settings
– New WiFi calling indicator for T-Mobile WiFi calling.
– Tweaked predictive text toggle in Messages app.