We have received some information about the upcoming Apple laptops – we think they are MacBooks but aren’t 100 percent sure they aren’t the fabled Pro slim line.
What we know:
- Black aluminum and silver aluminum (like MacBook Pros) have been seen
- They are considerably slimmer than current MacBook and even a bit more than MacBook Pros
- The screen reaches much closer to the edges than current MacBooks but is the same size as current MacBooks – indicating a somewhat smaller footprint
- The keyboards resemble Apple’s new Bluetooth Keyboard
- There is something strange about the touchpad (more on this to come)
- While they are dense, overall they are lighter than the current MacBooks
What we are wondering:
- Will there be colors like the Nanos? (Red) would be hott.
- Will the SSD and memory be easily upgraded?
- Will they be in the Pro or Consumer or totally new lineup?
- Will they be released with the Leopard announcement? Before Christmas? Macworld?
- Is Apple over White?
- Touch interface?
Expect to hear more on this in the coming weeks and maybe even see a few spyshots around the web (Apple Lawyers: not here!). Oh, and that keyboard picture? We lifted that from Apple.com, it’s not from a MacBook.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.