This week Benjamin and Zac are joined by Guilherme Rambo to discuss HomePod launch details, iOS 11.2.5 and new Siri skills, iOS 11.3 beta and changes included, and a new 6.1-inch iPhone rumor.
New episodes of 9to5Mac Happy Hour are recorded every week. Subscribe to our podcast to guarantee new episodes are delivered as soon as they’re available.
Here’s what we discussed in this episode:
- HomePod launch appears imminent as smart speaker receives FCC approval
- HomePod will be available to order from Friday, in stores on February 9
- HomePod will cost £319 in UK and A$499 in Australia, coming to France and Germany next
- HomePod will launch with peer-to-peer AirPlay, multi-room and stereo coming this year
- HomePod can play purchased iTunes music, podcasts and stream Beats 1 without Apple Music subscription
- AppleCare+ for HomePod will cost $39, covers AirPort products
- iOS 11.2.5 is now available for iPhone and iPad, adds HomePod support and more
- Apple previews iOS 11.3 with new Animoji, health record integration, Battery status, and more
- What’s new in iOS 11.1 beta 3? Hands-on with changes and features [Video]
- Apple releases first iOS 11.3 developer beta for iPhone and iPad
- macOS 10.13.4 beta 1 now available for Mac
- macOS 10.13.4 references standalone ‘Podcast app’, currently bundled in iTunes
- macOS 10.13.4 beta will alert users of 32-bit applications
- KGI: 6.1-inch LCD iPhone priced between $700-$800 w/ single rear camera, no 3D Touch
Monowear Apple Watch bands: Monowear gives you a band for every occassion. 9to5Mac Happy Hour listeners can save 15% off an entire order from Monowear at http://bit.ly/2DdQBgG with coupon code ‘9to5mac’ at checkout.