Along with the wide-ranging functionality of iPhone, iPad and other devices comes a downside, information overload. Follow along for how to use a simple filter to automatically weed out SMS and iMessages from unknown senders.
Whoosh! Screen Cleaner
SMS and iMessages can build up fast on iPhone and iPad. Luckily there’s an option built-in to iOS that allows you to filter out unknown senders into a separate tab.
You also won’t receive any notifications for anyone that isn’t a saved contact.
How to filter unknown senders in iMessage
- Tap on Settings
- Swipe down and tap on Messages
- Swipe down to the bottom and tap on the toggle for Filter Unknown Senders
Now you’ll have two tabs in the Messages app, one for Contacts & SMS and one for Unknown Senders.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to save webpages as PDFs and annotate on iPhone & iPad
- How to protect your iPhone data with privacy controls built in to iOS 11
- How to compose 2:1 video in Final Cut Pro X that’s better formatted for today’s smartphones [Video]
- How to wirelessly charge your AirPods case for about $10 in 3 easy steps
- How to easily change the color of individual folders in macOS [Video]
- How to find a lost iPhone even when it’s set to vibrate/silent
- How to check your iPhone’s warranty & repair coverage