Does your Mac have a different name than you’d like? Follow along for how to quickly change your computer’s name.
Your Mac’s name will show up in a variety of circumstances including when AirDropping files, managing your devices on iCloud like with Find My Mac, and elsewhere. Here’s how to easily change it.
Mac: How to change your computer name
- Open System Preferences
- Click on Sharing
- Click on the field Computer Name: at the top
- Highlight the current name and enter a new one
- Press enter or click anywhere in the window outside of the text field to set the new name
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- watchOS 5: How to set Siri voice volume
- iOS 12: How to use Podcasts chapters
- iOS 12: How to change audio quality in Voice Memos
- iOS 12: How to permanently delete photos on iPhone
- watchOS 5: How to access the Internet from your wrist
- iPhone & iPad: How to show Safari tab icons in iOS 12
- watchOS 5: How to disable Start/End Workout reminders
- iPhone & iPad: How to downgrade from iOS 12 beta to iOS 11
- macOS 10.14 Mojave: How to enable dark mode
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.