After getting started with Memoji in iOS 12, you might be wondering how to go further with the fun feature. Follow along for how to edit, duplicate, and delete Memoji on iPhone X, XS, and XR.
Memoji is a fresh way to communicate that’s like a hybrid between Animoji and Snapchat’s Bitmoji. Once you get going, you’ll probably want to play around with the wide variety of ways to design Memoji.
Whether you’d like to change up a Memoji you’ve previously made or build a new one based on an existing one, read on below.
iOS 12: How to edit, duplicate, and delete Memoij on iPhone
- Open Messages
- Tap the icon
- Find the Memoji you’d like to edit, duplicate, or delete
- Tap in the bottom left corner
Here’s how the process looks:
When you’re finished editing, tap Done in the top right corner, or use cancel to revert to the previous design.
As the name suggests, Duplicate makes a copy of your Memoji and immediately pulls it up in edit mode. Tapping Delete will give you a warning with a second confirmation needed to permanently remove a Memoji.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles on new iOS 12 features:
- iOS 12: How to create Memoji on iPhone X
- iOS 12: How to use the ARKit Measure app on iPhone
- iOS 12: How to add a second person to Face ID on iPhone
- iOS 12: How to customize Grouped Notifications
- iOS 12: How to use Screen Time on iPhone and iPad
- iOS 12: How to set up Screen Time as a parent on a child’s iPhone or iPad
- iOS 12: How to markup, add effects, and edit photos and videos within Messages on iPhone
- iOS 12: How to toggle USB Accessories
- iOS 12: How to access Photos in the Messages app
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.