With the lack of a Home button on the latest generation iPad Pro, Apple had to move some hardware gestures around to accommodate a device without a Home button. This includes a new button combination to turn off iPad Pro.
Follow along to learn how to turn off iPad Pro…
How to turn off iPad Pro
There are two methods to turn off iPad Pro. One is via hardware and the other is via software.
- Press the volume up button for one second, press the volume down button for one second, and then press and hold the Top button for several seconds until the power off slider appears.
- Slide to power off.
- Go into Settings > General.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom and tap Shut Down.
Alternatively, you can use the hardware method if iOS has locked up or is not responding. It’s the same procedure except you’ll want to continue to hold the Top button until the screen goes black and you see the Apple logo again.
On older iPads with a Home button, you can just press the sleep/wake (Top) button for a few seconds and slide to power off. If your iPad is not responding, simply press and hold the sleep/wake and the Home button for ten seconds, and then let go of the Home button while continue pressing the sleep/wake button until you see the Apple logo.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to open Safari links in Apple News
- How to invoke Siri on iPad Pro
- How to charge Apple Watch and check battery life
- How to take screenshots on the iPad Pro
- How to adjust Display Zoom on iPhone and iPad
- How to setup Face ID on iPad Pro
- How to turn up haptic vibration feedback on Apple Watch
- How to clean your Apple Watch
- How to disable Apple Music listening history on iPhone and iPad
- How to change between Fahrenheit and Celsius on iPhone
- How to use gesture controls on HomePod
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.