Apple News offers a clean reading experience, but what if you’re already looking at a page in Safari that you’d like to see inside of the News app? Follow along for how to open Safari links in Apple News.
Whoosh! Screen Cleaner
The Apple News UI focuses on a clean and simple experience that highlights the content. Users can also easily enlarge text, watch video, and listen to audio in Apple News. Here’s how to open Safari links in Apple News on iPhone and iPad.
One caveat, the content you want to open in Apple News will need to be available on the platform. If it’s not you’ll see a “Content Unavailable” message.
How to open Safari links in Apple News
- Tap the share button on the article or page you’re looking at (square with up arrow found in the top right on iPad and iPhone in landscape, bottom middle on iPhone in portrait mode)
- Swipe over on the apps at the bottom of the share sheet to find Open in News
- Enjoy 😄
Here’s how the process looks:
Although Apple News arrived on macOS this fall with Mojave, there doesn’t seem to be a way to open Safari links in Apple News on Macs quite yet.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to invoke Siri on iPad Pro
- How to charge Apple Watch and check battery life
- How to take screenshots on the iPad Pro
- How to adjust Display Zoom on iPhone and iPad
- How to setup Face ID on iPad Pro
- How to turn up haptic vibration feedback on Apple Watch
- How to clean your Apple Watch
- How to disable Apple Music listening history on iPhone and iPad
- How to change between Fahrenheit and Celsius on iPhone
- How to use gesture controls on HomePod
- How to customize the expiration time for audio messages on iPhone and iPad