This week Benjamin and Zac connect the steady stream of new reports on Apple’s upcoming subscription news and video services, including solid rumors of Apple’s next spring event, plus a look at the flood of hardware rumors this week including AirPower, AirPods 2, and much more.
- Apple event hype season begins as sketchy report suggests March 29 launch date for AirPower, AirPods 2 and new iPads
- Apple March event: Subscription news service coming March 25
- WSJ: Apple wants 50% revenue from $10/month News subscription service
- Bloomberg: Apple unveiling video service at star-studded March 25th event
- Apple’s original content video service reportedly launching in April, major video partners for subscription feature not on board yet
- Report: Apple has inked 50% revenue deals with many publishers for News subscription service
- Onleaks: AirPods wireless charging case releasing soon, but AirPods 2 may not launch until fall
- Report: New iPad mini 5 will look the same as iPad mini 4 design, aimed as lower cost product
- 2019 iPhone reported to stick to Lightning port and same 5W USB-A charger in box
- Digitimes: TSMC to manufacture 7nm A13 chip for 2019 iPhone, new iPads and AirPods 2 launching in first half of the year
- Rumor: AirPods 2 coming with specialized grip coating, AirPower launching this spring
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.