watchOS 7.3 will arrive for all Apple Watch users today. The latest release includes the new Unity watch face collection, ECG coming to new countries, and bug fixes alongside the new Time to Walk feature that officially debuted yesterday.
Update 10:05 am PT: watchOS 7.3 is now available alongside iOS 14.4.
Apple announced watchOS 7.3 would be released later today, January 26, in its press release about its Black History Month initiatives and new Black Unity Apple Watch Series 6 and Sport Band. It comes after the RC build was released late last week. Check the Watch app on your iPhone > General > Software Update to see when the release is ready for you (usually about 10 am PT/ 1pm ET).
The newest software update for Apple Watch includes a new Unity watch face collection that’s inspired by the colors of the Pan-African flag. Apple says it has shapes that “change throughout the day as you move creating a face that’s unique to you.” You can get a better look at the Unity watch faces here.
Along with the new Unity watch face collection, Apple is launching a special Apple Watch Series 6 and Black Unity Sport Band. They will be available from February 1.
Apple is introducing the Black Unity Collection, designed to celebrate and acknowledge Black history and Black culture. The collection includes a limited-edition Apple Watch Series 6, the Black Unity Sport Band, and a Unity watch face.
The ECG feature for Apple Watch Series 4 and later is expanding to four new countries with watchOS 7.3. Those are Japan, Mayotte, Philippines, and Thailand. Those countries also get the irregular heart rhythm notifications.
As for the new Time to Walk feature for Apple Fitness+ subscribers, that was made available with a server-side update even for users on watchOS 7.2 but 7.3 is likely optimized for it.
The update also includes performance improvements and bug fixes for Control Center and Notification Center issues.
Full release notes:
watchOS 7.3 includes new features, improvements, and bug fixes, including:
- Unity watch face inspired by the colors of the Pan-African Flag, the shapes change throughout the day as you move creating a face that’s unique to you
- Time to Walk for Apple Fitness+ subscribers an audio experience in the Workout app where guests share inspiring stories as you walk
- ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later in Japan, Mayotte, Philippines, and Thailand
- Irregular heart rhythm notifications in Japan, Mayotte, Philippines, Taiwan, and Thailand
- Fix for an issue where Control Center and Notification Center may be unresponsive when Zoom is enabled
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.