This week on Happy Hour Benjamin and Chance break down this week’s news including the new child safety initiatives for Messages and iCloud Photos, the possibility of a titanium iPhone in future, surprise updates to the Mac Pro and speculating on its future, and the implications of SiriKit intent deprecation.
Benjamin Mayo @bzamayo
Chance Miller @ChanceHMiller
- Apple says any expansion of CSAM detection outside of the US will occur on a per-country basis
- In internal memo, Apple addresses concerns around new Photo scanning features, doubles down on the need to protect children
- Comment: Apple’s child protection measures get mixed reactions from experts
- Apple announces new protections for child safety: iMessage features, iCloud Photo scanning, more
- Opinion: Four problems with Apple’s reported approach to scanning for child abuse images
- Apple now promoting its services with ‘exclusive offers’ for Apple Card users
- Roundup: The iPhone 13 is coming next month; here’s what we know so far
- PSA: iOS 15 beta 4 can auto-remove lens flares in photos
- Apple redesigns online store and brings back dedicated ‘store’ tab
- Apple to expand iPhone, iPad, and Mac monthly financing to Canada with Affirm partnership
- Apple updates Intel Mac Pro with three new graphics card modules
- Apple now selling standalone Magic Keyboard with Touch ID starting at $149
Listen to more 9to5 Podcasts
- Apple @ Work
- Alphabet Scoop
- The Buzz Podcast
- Space Explored
- Rapid Unscheduled Discussions
Enjoy the podcast?
Shop Apple at Amazon to support 9to5Mac Happy Hour!
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.