I said back in February that the HomePod is a Sonos Play 5 killer, and I’ve just demonstrated this by buying a second one to replace the Sonos in our bedroom.
I explained then the reasons why I felt that HomePod was the better buy, despite my fondness for Sonos speakers …
- Sound quality: Almost no difference
- Clunky Sonos app versus Siri control
- Truly awful, flakey Sonos setup versus fully automatic set up
- Speaker-only versus Home hub too
- Large-ish size versus much more compact one
- $499 versus $349 …