Twitter’s CEO Dick Costello just went off stage at D9 with the announcement that Twitter would be doing native photo-sharing. Obviously he didn’t release Apple’s plans but many think Twitter is set to be a lower level service in Lion and iOS 5.
From the Twitter blog:
Today we’re starting to roll out a completely new version of Twitter search. Not only will it deliver more relevant Tweets when you search for something or click on a trending topic, but it will also show you related photos and videos, right there on the results page. It’s never been easier to get a sense of what’s happening right now, wherever your curiosity takes you.
We’re hearing rumblings that Apple will let you Tweet from any app with hooks from Lion and iOS. If so, you’ll have a Twitter login in the general settings, almost like we had for Facebook in iOS 4.
- Twitter integrated into iOS 5 with MediaStream? (9to5mac.com)
- TweetDeck re-released as a brand new iOS app with better features (9to5mac.com)
- iOS 5 packs Photo Stream social feature into Photos.app? (9to5mac.com)
- Hitpad, a hipster way of following trending topics on your iPad (9to5mac.com)
- Square updates iOS app with virtual shelves, product variations, prettier interface (9to5mac.com)
- Twitter for Mac, mobile web app revamped and spiced up with new stuff (9to5mac.com)
- Google’s Eric Schmidt “We’ve just renewed a Maps relationship with Apple” (9to5mac.com)