Update: As some readers have pointed out, today’s release is a GM candidate. The difference here is that this current build of macOS has the potential to go onto being the final GM build, but that has yet to be determined.
Following the GM releases of iOS 11, tvOS 11, and watchOS 4, Apple is now seeding macOS High Sierra’s GM candidate to developers and public beta testers. macOS High Sierra includes the new Apple File System, HEVC video playback, Metal 2, Photos and Safari upgrades, and more. macOS High Sierra is set to release to the public later this month.
See our previous macOS High Sierra coverage below:
- Apple unveils macOS ‘High Sierra’ w/ Safari improvements, APFS, more
- Hands-on: macOS High Sierra’s native eGPU support shows promise [Video]
- High Sierra to be first version of macOS with support for virtual reality
- Apple doubles storage on $9.99/mo iCloud tier to 2 TB, share one plan with whole family in iOS 11
- Apple releases first developer betas of iOS 11, watchOS 4, macOS 10.13, and tvOS 11
- macOS High Sierra public beta is now available