After promising to enable HomeKit support earlier this year, Sensibo is out today with an update to its smart a/c and heat pump controller. While the HomeKit support hasn’t arrived yet, Siri Shortcuts are now available with Sensibo Sky to control all types of air conditioners and heat pumps.
Sensibo announced the news in a press release this morning. While a lot of users won’t be able to make use of the new Siri functionality now that it’s winter, those with heat pumps can make use of the update now.
Sensibo, the smart home company democratizing smart A/C and heating for everyone, can now be controlled through Siri Shortcuts with the release of the product’s updated app available to users with iOS12 or later. Siri Shortcuts is available as a separate app and creates a “shortcut” or “suggestion” by pairing with your Sensibo Sky iOS app in order to combine related actions and launch them with one command. With this update, Sensibo users can now control their A/C or heating units with Siri, for the first time ever. The update is available on the App Store today.
Although related, Sensibo Sky is different from smart thermostats like ecobee and Nest as it works with any air conditioner or heat pump that has a remote. That includes split, portable, window, and traditional air conditioners as well as heat pumps.
For more great tips and ideas on HomeKit and smart home setups, check out our holiday edition of HomeKit Weekly.
- 9to5Mac Gift Guide: Smart Home picks – Siri and Alexa voice control, mesh Wi-Fi, NAS, more
- HomeKit Weekly: Upgrading your holiday lights with Home, Siri, and automation
- ConnectSense unveils HomeKit-enabled dual smart plug with energy monitoring and more
- Arlo Baby Camera gains five new HomeKit features following initial video support
- Shortcuts app updated with support for posting to Tumblr, more
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.