Ever have a friend or family member take your phone and start playing pranks by asking Siri to send a message? By default, this works whether or not you’ve actually unlocked your iPhone. Follow along to learn how to disable Siri when iPhone is locked.
How to disable Siri when iPhone is locked
- Unlock your iPhone and head to Settings > Siri & Search.
- Toggle Allow Siri When Locked into the Off position.
Now, whether you say “Hey Siri”, press and hold the Side button (iPhone X, XS, XR), or press and hold the Home button, Siri will not activate. Note that if you authenticate with Face ID or Touch ID, Siri will start functioning because your iPhone is no longer locked.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to find out what USB ports are on your Apple devices and other electronics
- How to rotate iPhone and iPad videos taken in the wrong orientation
- How to rotate a photo in the Photos app on iPhone and iPad
- How to shuffle or repeat songs in Apple Music on iPhone and iPad
- How to lock notes on Mac
- How to view lyrics in Apple Music on iPhone and iPad
- How to lock notes on iPhone and iPad
- How to turn on Airplane Mode on Apple Watch
- How to create handy shortcuts for call reminders on iPhone, iPad, and Mac