Whether you like to run outside, inside, or both, read on for how to use Auto Pause on Apple Watch to more accurately and effortlessly track running workouts.
Do you take breaks during your running workouts and manually pause your Apple Watch tracking or sometimes forget to hit pause and end up with inaccurate data? Flip the switch on Auto Pause for running workouts on Apple Watch for a better activity tracking experience.
After automatically pausing when you stop running, the feature also automatically resumes your workout when you start running again.
How to use Auto Pause on Apple Watch to more accurately track running workouts
On Apple Watch
- Open Settings on your Apple Watch
- Tap General, then swipe down and tap Workout
- At the top, tap the toggle next to Auto Pause
Here’s a walkthrough with images on Apple Watch:
- Open the Watch app
- Swipe down and tap Workout
- Tap the toggle next to Running Auto Pause
Here’s how the process looks on iPhone:
We’ve also got a great rundown on some of Apple Watches other health features that you may want to turn on.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to restart Finder on Mac
- How to change Mac app icons
- How to enable persistent notifications on iPhone and iPad
- Forgot your Apple ID email? Here’s how to look it up
- How to use your iPad as a secondary Mac display
- How to get around Activation Lock on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- How to quickly pair your AirPods with your Mac
- How to pay for Spotify Premium in the iOS app
- How to improve hearing by turning iPhone and AirPods into remote microphones
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.