Has it been a while since you upgraded your iPhone’s software (iOS)? Follow along for how to check your iPhone’s software compatibility and some tips before doing an upgrade.
Staying up to date with software is important for security and privacy and of course also brings new features to your iPhone. In addition to figuring out what software your iPhone can run below, check out our guide on important steps to take before you do a major software upgrade.
How to check your iPhone’s software compatibility
- Check the compatibility chart below for the latest release iOS 12
- If you don’t see your device listed, you may be able to run iOS 11
- Check iOS 11 compatible devices here
- Click here to check iOS 10 compatible devices
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to play podcasts on HomePod with Siri
- How to check your Mac’s software compatibility
- How to manage your Apple Music up next queue
- How to use Google’s Chrome browser on iPhone
- How to disable picture in picture on iPad
- Apple Music library missing? Check your iCloud Music settings
- How to set a default Finder folder on Mac
- How to transfer files between iPhone and Mac with a USB flash drive
- How to change your iTunes and App Store Apple ID on iPhone
- How to check if your iPhone is unlocked
- How to check what carriers and countries work with your iPhone
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.