Want to upgrade your Mac’s software, but aren’t sure about what operating system it will work with? Read on for how to check your Mac’s software compatibility.
Whether you have been putting off upgrading your Mac’s software or maybe just got a used Mac, it’s easy to figure out what the latest version of macOS your Mac can run.
How to check your Mac’s software compatibility
- Head to Apple’s support page for the macOS Mojave compatibility details
- If your machine can’t run Mojave, check compatibility for High Sierra
- If it’s too old to run High Sierra, try Sierra
- If no luck there, give El Capitan a try for Macs a decade old or more
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to manage your Apple Music up next queue
- How to use Google’s Chrome browser on iPhone
- How to disable picture in picture on iPad
- Apple Music library missing? Check your iCloud Music settings
- How to set a default Finder folder on Mac
- How to transfer files between iPhone and Mac with a USB flash drive
- How to change your iTunes and App Store Apple ID on iPhone
- How to check if your iPhone is unlocked
- How to check what carriers and countries work with your iPhone
- How to enable mono audio for AirPods
- How to wirelessly charge your iPhone
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.