Most people know that you can play music with HomePod by simply asking for it. However, did you know you could also request podcasts through HomePod as well? Follow along to learn how to play podcasts on HomePod with Siri.
How to play podcasts on HomePod with Siri
Note that this will only work if you use the native Apple Podcasts app. For third-party apps, you’ll have to look at Siri Shortcuts.
There are three different ways to ask for a podcast on HomePod.
- Hey Siri, play my most recent podcasts.
- Hey Siri, play the <podcast name> podcast.
- Hey Siri play the first/last episode of <podcast name> podcast.
You’ll also be able to use the usual media controls such as play, pause, resume, stop, and volume, as well as a few podcast related ones such as:
- Hey Siri, skip back/forward <time>.
- Hey Siri, play it faster/slower.
You can also ask about details about the specific podcast that is currently playing such as:
- Hey Siri, what podcast is this?
- Hey Siri, what’s the podcast episode name?
And finally, you’ll be able to subscribe to podcasts by saying:
- Hey Siri, subscribe to this podcast.
- Hey Siri, subscribe to <podcast name> podcast.
Again, this will only work if you’re using the first-party Apple Podcasts app. Third-party podcast apps may have similar functionality by using Siri Shortcuts.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to check your Mac’s software compatibility
- How to manage your Apple Music up next queue
- How to use Google’s Chrome browser on iPhone
- How to disable picture in picture on iPad
- Apple Music library missing? Check your iCloud Music settings
- How to set a default Finder folder on Mac
- How to transfer files between iPhone and Mac with a USB flash drive
- How to change your iTunes and App Store Apple ID on iPhone
- How to check if your iPhone is unlocked
- How to check what carriers and countries work with your iPhone
- How to enable mono audio for AirPods
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.